Afternoon Tea in Orchid Conservatory at the Majestic Hotel



Since work is catching up, it only seems sensible that I dedicate equal of my time to catch up with friends (which usually consist of attending events and meeting them there).

This is as far as work hard play hard as I'll ever achieve. It's just isn't in my nature to party and drink all night long, but I do love the occasional mingle and social events, I love travel more but that requires more time away and less commitment to my work, which isn't possible at the moment.

I've been hesitant to associate this blog with my personal life, and yes, my work is my personal life even though I don't intentionally keep it as a public thing. But you'll be surprised how secretive you can keep private life so long as you don't share it on any social media platform. It's like people don't ask how one another is anymore (other than the usual courteous question when they're not sure how to greet you), it's just easier to read it on facebook, see it on instagram or await for people to blog about it.

We're living in a world there information comes to us. Gone were the days we have to flip through newspaper to read world news, or the days where we pick up a phone to see how a friend is doing. Heck we don't even pick up a phone anymore, there's always facebook chats and whatsapp. It just seems more convenient, less intrusive and it's FREE.

Some girlfriends and I decided to catch up over tea on Deepavali. None of us has never been to the Orchid Conservatory at the Majestic Hotel and the popularity of that place was soaring due to the amazing orchid backdrop photos that kept showing up on blogs and facebook these days.

Food was so-so, and for the price of RM100 per person, you have to share your tea set with someone else, which also meant sharing the same piece of cake and sandwiches; honestly I found that utterly stupid. Sharing is caring only if you don't have to slice an already tiny piece of triangle sandwich or tinier slice of cake with your friend.

Savoury options were mainly deep fries and sandwiches were bland. You only get to choose local Cameron Highland tea or coffee as part of the set. When I mentioned I was allergic to caffeine, they suggested I order a pot of tea (non-caffeine version) for myself, which when the bill came it was charged at the full rate of RM30 per pot. An utterly ridiculous price. They should have offered the option to switch the tea at an additional rate, not charging a full fare for a fresh pot. Not to mention my friend's coffee was so diluted, it's almost see-through.

Honestly, other than the beautiful orchids, I find no reason to spend so much to have tea in this place.
































Orchid Conservatory
The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur
5, Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin,
50000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Tel : +603 2785 8000 
Fax : +603 2785 8080

tmklresv@ytlhotels.com.my
www.majestickl.com

Share:

0 kissed Nicole