Angelina Tearoom in Hong Kong



I was passing through Hong Kong for a day from Macau to catch up with a few friends before heading into China on a quick work trip. One of the friends was an old friend from uni days whom I have not met for 10 years, I felt bad for not able to make it to his wedding in Hong Kong few years ago as I was travelling that I felt compelled to catch up with him.

He arranged an afternoon tea at this cafe called Angelina, and boy, was I in for a treat!



The 110 year-old French legacy is a franchise french dessert cafe from Paris and widely popular in Hong Kong as well as New Year City.

It has been years since I had a good Mont Blanc (a round dessert topped with thick drizzle layers of fresh pureed chestnut cream, inside you'll find fresh loaded cream and sometimes a thin base of cake, I swear to you it's the best dessert, ever!). Malaysia doesn't really have ANY good mont blanc dessert, most use heavy alcohol to preserve the cream or they use cheap substitutes for the chestnut cream.

And Angelina's Mont Blanc was De Li Cious. Which was, of course, what they were famous for. Not just that, they served a MEAN cup of hot cocoa. In fact, almost every dessert in the shop looked and tasted like cloud and mushy unicorm love. There are no words to properly describe it.

It's located at IFC mall in Hong Kong, and like a true classy French establishment, it comes with a fabulous view of the Hong Kong harborfront view.












African Chocolate - another of their classic dessert, very very rich chocolate








I, my friend, and his wife. Thanks for the treat! And it was nice to finally catch up!


There's a cafe in Singapore which is closer than Hong Kong. Time for a visit on my next trip to do a comparison.


Angelina
Lane Crawford, Podium 3, IFC Mall,
8 finance street, 999077 Hong Kong
Contact: +852 3188 0842
Operation Hours: 10am - 10pm

Share:

0 kissed Nicole